Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Lifeline: F.R.I.E.N.D.S

I am still speechless!
I have had a lot of people walk in an out of my life. Some people stay and some people don't.
Last week I met an old friend of mine. Not any normal friend, someone who has touched my life immensely. The minute we met, she gave me a hug that could not have meant anything but "Damn girl, I missed you a lot". There were issues between us that had no solution 5 years ago...But today it all seemed insignificant. She means a lot to me now, just like she did 5 years back.

I have managed to analyse my friends. I only mean the closest of the closest.

Places I met first met them:

School: 2
College: 2
Random: 3
Office: 2

How do I know that they mean a lottttt to me?

1. My sms's are more than 1 part long.
2. I am offline on gtalk and still start a conversation.
3. I skype or call often!! I hate chatting and calling people.
4. I fight when I get reduced attention or late news.
5. I yearn for a hug and a quality conversation.
6. I run around and jump when I have news to give them.
7. I can spend hours patting their backs to make them sleep.
8. I say "Thank you for your day. You made my day." after a meeting that I loved.
9. I try to make decisions for them.
10. I spend their money shamelessly and think not once to spend mine on them.

If you are one of the people in my life who I value...based on the criteria above, please never give up on me. I am a fool and I don't know how to talk...but I love you
and I mean it when I say it! Friends make my life worth it!

2 comments:

  1. How is somebody supposed to recognize themselves into one of the criteria u've given?? Everyone makes friends they dont wanna lose.. but time takes them away from each other... how do you know thats not gonna happen to you?? nobody gives up on anybody unless they're given a reason to... so it takes an effort from ur side too to make sure the reason doesnt exist...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Chikku...I don't quite know what to answer to the question you have posed! I guess it can vary from a message or a mail to tell the person that I am alive...to a whole day (including money, attention and time) being spent in their company. I guess its just the feeling. You will know when you are special. I am sure somebody makes you feel this way too.

    ReplyDelete