Friday, April 16, 2010

My Virtual Story:

There are things that have to be experienced in reality and there are things that can be “FELT” virtually. Even I did not know what the meaning of a virtual life was. People all around the world spoke to each other, as though the concept of distances never existed. Is this skype such a big invention after all? I was always wrong till I started doing life's silly things with my friend on skype.


Some people might not understand the amount technology has affected my life in particular. Seated in a place close to 10,000 miles away from my companion in stupidity, I spoke, I cried, I laughed, I joked and I fought. Falling in love might have been easy but nothing happened in reality.


We were not buddies who had never met in life but were one of those people whose "Absence made the heart grow more fond of each other". Life was different before we parted ways into different geological regions but was difficult once we realised that distance was not our only enemy. Time was too. I slept through his day and he slept through mine. It really meant when one said "You need to take that extra mile to make your friendship work". It was not a joke. Many many years of beautiful friendship. Nobody I knew would be happy if I threw it out.


We had a lot of factors to negate when we spoke to each other. Time lags. Phase lags. Context lags..and more! But we didn't care one bit. Valentines day came and we danced through the night. Not like other romantic couples who proposed love to the other person on that day and surely not in each others arms, but we did salsa to the music on youtube. What could be better. Flower on my ears and a skirt knee long was all that was required to make my day the best.


He was a student and I was an employee. Yes we were opposite sex but still nothing ever occurred. Life was an extended holiday with a happiness prescription to it. We spoke once in the morning and once at night. Never did we get tired or bored. Satiated...was a feeling so far fetched that nobody could see. Gtalk and skype were my saviours through this.


Everyday we didn't talk was a day that was wasted. Still nothing had changed and we were still single. We had our own fancies...of women and men. Of crushes and clouds that passed us nearby. I wish I could apologise for abusing technology, but why I didn't is a whole new different story.



Priorities changed and so did we. And mine was a new game with different new people with nothing to tame. I got away from my computer , I ran away from places, but what could anyone do, because everything was virtual. My world was a game and the elements were gone. Nothing to hold close and nothing to choose. I know that after a decade or two, be it in each others life or somewhere else, I would walk into a park and find him seated on the bench.


Nothing will be said. So we would have walked out of each others life thinking the other found us expendable. I know for a fact that he is so indispensable that nobody could replace him in my life and it would hurt me to see him so far away.


We might even walk away from each other as though we dont recognise. But the truth will be that we dont compromise. Compromise is a difficult word to explain...we just would not want the other person to compromise on commitments. Bye bye dear friend. You are worth more than just that. I love you forever and you know that pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment